Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Poem of Today

some days a Sadness can wrap its fingers over my shoulders and
press me down down until I am left
on the corner of the couch,
crying into the nook of my elbow,
a pathetic heap of Loneliness.

most days are better,
but it's these Empty days that wring my stomach
like a washcloth,
quench it of easiness,
hunger for Significance.

the presence of Separation clings to the air like drops of humidity,
curls my baby hairs,
frazzles my strong facade,
chokes the confidence from my smile,
forces stubborn tears to finally fall freely.

some days a Sadness dictates my writing,
coaxes my fingers to type out LONELINESS
while my proud heart calls DON'T PITY ME,
and either way,
he is not here and does not want to be,
i am not there and don't think i should be,
Empty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was amazing.