Sunday, January 30, 2005

A Fascinating Dream

I have always been intrigued by this passage. I wonder about it's lesson - it's meaning. We are always trying to decipher dreams - why was this one important enough to find a place in the world's best seller? Enjoy.

- - - -

While I slept, my heart was awake.
I dreamed my lover knocked at the door:
"Open to me, my sweetheart, my darling,
my dove, my flawless one.
My head is drenched with dew,
my hair with the dampness of the night."

I have taken off my robe-
must I put it on again?
I have washed my feet-
must I soil them again?

My lover thrust his hand through the latch-opening;
my heart began to pound for him.

I arose to open for my lover,
and my hands dripped with myrrh,
my fingers with flowing myrrh,
on the handles of the lock.

I opened the door,
but my lover had left; he was gone.
My heart sank at his departure.
I looked for him but did not find him.
I called him but he did not answer.

The watchmen found me
as they made their rounds in the city.
They beat me, they bruised me;
they took away my cloak,
those watchmen of the walls!

O daughters of Jerusalem, I charge you-
if you find my lover,
what will you tell him?

Tell him I am faint with love.

- - - -

Song of Songs 5:2-8

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Y JUSY LIKE HIW WRITE


WHIT LOVE ?????

BYE...