Wednesday, December 15, 2004

And They All Fall Down!

Yesterday, a woman was climbing the steps to the second floor at Sardi's. Now, I am carrying a huge tray of food, so when she dives forward in one of the most ungraceful falls the world may ever know, I cannot reach down to help her up.

This is one of those moments where - ya know - I just really wanted to laugh. I mean, falling down is funny. It's as simple as that. Lands in the same category as seeing someone smacked in the back of the head or walking into a wall or having wrenches thrown at you in rapid fire succession as you prepare for a huge dodgeball tournament.

But I couldn't laugh. Because a) she might have hurt herself and b) I was wearing a bowtie and red tuxedo jacket.

So I ask if she's alright (through pursed lips) and turn to deliver my food with a little smile on my face.

The best part is that later on in the night, another woman got drunk and fell at the same spot, but the guy behind her wasn't paying attention and just fell into her like dominos. The domino effect would have been the only thing that would have made the Destiny's Child blooper on 106&Park even funnier.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/destinyschildfall.html

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Alecia!
I really feel for that woman who fell. I am not the most graceful person. I know, I know, it's hard to believe, but it's true. There is this one step on campus that I just can't seem to walk on. Throughout the semester there have been THREE times where I have fallen on the step (there has always been an audience) and it's only a Tuesday/Thursday class! At least the semester is almost over and I may never have to tread on that dreaded step again.

Beege