Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Tuesday Tweeps - Rebecca Rouse

Rebecca Rouse is a friend I've made up here in New York and is also the person who taught me how to use Twitter! She has two little girls, her youngest being only 6 weeks older than my son, Knox, and we love meeting up at the park and watching our babies watch each other. Originally from North Carolina, she and I bond over missing the South while making our way in the big city.


Me:  What's your favorite book? I'm talking all time here.
Rebecca:  My favorite book? I don't read! Really? I guess I'd have to say The Red Ripe Strawberry and Big Hungry Bear. Its a childrens book, and I used to love reading it when I was little, the pictures were what really drew me in. Now as an adult I'd have to say that I'm really enjoying Francine Rivers - I'm on my second book of hers and I LOVE what I've read so far. 


Me:  I'm visiting your hometown today, one day only. What can't I miss?
Rebecca:  Wilmington NC is a small town, a beach community. You'll have to stop by the beach or course! Wrightsville beach, right by the Blockaid Runner there's a beach access and that's a great place to go. The river front is a nice are to visit, all historic and cute little shops to walk in and out of. If you're up for a walk, the loop at Wrightsville beach is a nice route. There are some great small town restaurants w/ great south eastern BBQ - pulled pork to be exact - and some good ole fried sea food as well. 


Me:  Who are you following on Twitter right now that would surprise your friends:   #GuiltyPleasures
Rebecca:  Twitter - I guess Bethenny Frankel and Kendra Wilkinson would be my secret indulgences - i love them both! 


Thanks so much, Rebecca! You know I love BBQ and it being by the beach is an added bonus! I yes, I'll have to look into The Red Ripe Strawberry and Big Hungry Bear (although for Knox, not me).  :)  And I KNEW you'd be following Bethenny Frankel! We sure love our Housewives!


Follow Rebecca @rebeccaarouse

2 comments:

Becky B said...

LOVE it!!!!! I want BBQ right NOW!

lisa said...

Alecia, I have that book...and not for my nephews either. :) I might have to check with my siblings (ages 38, 35, and 30) to see if I can.