Thursday, June 02, 2005

The Price of Friendship

I realize that I need to go to the gym. I know that I always feel better after I work out. I have more energy and then feel justified later when I eat a Snickers.

I also realize that the sink is full of dirty dishes. I see a stack of bills that I should open and pay. I definitely need to pluck my eyebrows and I think the weekly leg shaving is due.

I promised to send a guy my schedule for a meeting next week. I really need to learn the rest of my lines for the show. I should prepare for the meeting that I have this afternoon. This would be a perfect time to send out my headshots and resumes.

But I gotta tell ya, when I'm lounging on the couch, breeze blowing through the open windows on this overcast day, watching The Price is Right with my roommate April (who is addicted), I can't make myself move. It's roommate bonding time. We are glued to the set: formulating a plan to be on the gameshow and deciding what kind of tee-shirts we would make and wear. What with Plink-o and Hi-Lo and Cover-Up, not to mention the fast-approaching ShowCase ShowDown, how can a girl get anything done?

Besides, when I left the room to brush my teeth, April jumped down my throat, "Where are you going?! You can't just leave me here!"

I don't know what she's gonna do when I get married and move out next year. For any of you New York City apartment hunters out there, this lifestyle can be yours, if the price is right!

No comments: