Monday, September 19, 2011

Momma Mondays - Pull up!

My mother-in-law visited this weekend and not only spoiled her grandson, but also her daughter-in-law. I could really get used to having someone with her energy around, doing our laundry, fixing home cooked meals, and cleaning my kitchen. Also, I got to get a mani/pedi with my good friend Becky because Knox's Grannie stayed home and offered free babysitting!

But the best thing that happened this weekend was that she got to see a milestone: Knox pulled up for the first time! He stood all by himself, looked at us with a huge smile, and then plopped back down on his bottom. But it was a fabulous moment and one I'm glad she got to experience. Just like I wrote recently, it kills me that he doesn't get to spend more time with his grandparents, so when moments like this happen live - right before their eyes - it really brings me joy.

Here's a little video for those who, like me, doubted it would ever happen:



Kimpossible (Grannie) hollered, "Can he do this?" from the living room as I was doing the dishes, so I ran in wondering what he was eating/playing with/destroying. What I actually saw was his fascination with Excedrine and to just what lengths he'd go to get a bottle. 

No comments: